Giving grows community
2019 Annual Campaign
As we kick off the 2019 Jewish Federation Annual Campaign, we look back at the success of the 2018 Campaign and say thank you. We cannot say it enough. The 2018 Campaign flourished in both amount and effect, by raising $100,000 more than it did in 2017! While the impact this money will have on our community is incredible, we want to build on the momentum of last year’s Campaign. We are asking you to make a commitment to the 2019 Annual Campaign, and to consider increasing the amount that you give.
Why should you give and why should you give more? Last year your gift:
• Served more than 1,100 meals to seniors at the Jewish Community Center
• Funded resources to add a sixth grade class at the Jewish Community Day School, whose enrollment tripled this past year
• Provided in-home care to 134 disabled and older adults through Jewish Family Service’s Homemaker Program
• Powered Jewish student life on campus through Tulane Hillel, which engages 88% of the Jewish campus population
• Allowed the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee to deliver food, medicine and heating supplies to 46,000 Jewish elderly in the Former Soviet Union
• Brought 29,323 Jews from around the world to Israel by aliyah through the Jewish Agency for Israel
These are just a few examples of how your gift to the Federation’s Campaign has grown community, whether here in greater New Orleans or across the globe. Please join us again as a donor to the Annual Campaign - raising more dollars creates more impact, and we need your help to make this happen.
When you give to the Federation, your gift is matched because of our generous partners, the Goldring Family and Woldenberg Foundations. The increased portion is matched at 25%, making each dollar more powerful and transformative.
Thank you again for your continued support!